These are best when they warm, but they also freeze well. I suggest popping them in the microwave for a reheat for that ‘just from the oven’ taste! We actually both love these so much we’ve never had to freeze any, but the recipe from this book assures me that they’re freezer friendly.
Triple B Health Muffins
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup wheat bran or oat bran
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cupe vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 400F, and lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin (or line with paper cups).
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, wheat bran, blueberries, baking soda and baking powder.
3. In a large bowl, combine bananas, egg, sugar, milk, oil and vanilla. Fold in flour mixture until just combined.
4. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full.
5. Bake in preheated over for 20-25 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch and a tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool in tin for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
To me, this recipe is the best of three worlds… I love banana bread, bran muffins and blueberry muffins. So combining all three into something healthy and delicious is pretty wonderful! Enjoy!